Monday 28 March 2016

Stop Leaving Stuff on the Stairs!

And this is on a 'good' day
Sometimes I think no-one else cares
About the crap that gets left on the stairs
Coats, jumpers and Crocs
Gloves, homework and socks
That are dirty, and never in pairs

Sometimes I think everyone's blind
To the detritus they leave behind
They sail past each tread
On their way up to bed
While I seethe as I count each new 'find'

Why don't they clean after themselves?
Do they think we've got housework elves?
Well I've had enough
Of picking up stuff
Our staircase shall now be called "shelves"








6 comments:

  1. Spoken from my heart too... Except, in our house, they don't even make it as far as the stairs, clutter up the coffee table instead...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Marina! We have the same problem with our kitchen table - I don't think we've ever sat down to eat without having to clear it first. And guess where the stuff on it goes? The stairs.... 😊

      Delete
  2. Perfectly put as usual Toni, unfortunately this is a normal phenomenon in most homes with families x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey - nice to know I'm not alone, I hope the rage it seems to cause me is normal too! x

      Delete
  3. Perfectly put as usual Toni, unfortunately this is a normal phenomenon in most homes with families x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. 輪椅斜坡板

    ReplyDelete