Monday 20 June 2016

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Remain or leave...
Where's the reprieve
In mudslinging?
Who's bringing
Clarity?

Watch those Turks
Danger lurks
On boats
Our border
Needs order!

Found in a village decorated with 'Leave' signs.  Ironic eh?
NHS?
Both say "yes!"
We love nurses
But want our purses
Full

Money, country
We want them BACK
An unpleasant tack
Refugee?
Don't come to me

Fishing quotas
Foreign trade
Security, farming
Finance, aid

Trade links broken
Market crash?
Save our shores
Protect our cash
From bureaucracy....

Reform is due
But are you able
To negotiate
Not at the table?

We need humanity
And integration
Built with migrants
Our island nation


6 comments:

  1. I'm going to share this. Alan Hill - Husband to a "useful foreigner".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, glad you enjoyed it. Polling station was very busy here today - let's see what tomorrow brings....

      Delete
  2. Here's my contribution to the post-Brexit debate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTmimW2Iw20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here's what crossed my mind the morning after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-lI_tgQMMk

      Delete